Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cool Tools for School workshop! We have a great program planned for the year with lots of interesting new content, as well as updated topics from last year. Participants have just started registering today and the lessons will start appearing in a day or two. But in the meantime here are some things you can do to get oriented.
The Hour of Code week is coming up starting Dec 7. In honor of that, our topic on Coding has just been updated. Though it may be too late to get a big Hour of Code project started for your school, it’s not too late to take up the challenge yourself and do an hour of code. (And get PD credit for it by doing Thing 11: Coding.)
Check through this list to make sure you’ve done all the “getting started” stuff. You don’t have to do this all at once, come back after a week or two to make sure you’ve done everything.
- Contacted your SLS administrator to get permission to register
- Filled out the workshop registration form
- Set up your blog (thing 1) if you don’t already have one
- Registered your blog
- Make sure your blog commenting feature is turned on
- Remember to log each lesson as you complete it
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
- Please sign up to receive updates from the project website via email or RSS. You’ll see those options on the right sidebar of this site. Whenever news is posted, you’ll get an update. This will be the primary way that you’ll receive updates about the program
JOIN THE GOODREADS GROUP
- We set up a CoolTools discussion group on GoodReads. It’s a place that many librarians are already familiar with, so we thought it might be easy for all of us to use this. If you’re not familiar with it, do explore what’s there, it’s a terrific resource. You could even use your explorations there for Thing 19: Social Reading & Book Stuff.
We’re almost ready to launch the next Cool Tools for Schools workshop.
Some things you can do ahead of time!
IS YOUR SLS REGION PARTICIPATING?
- Check the list of participating School Library Systems to see if your system is participating this year. If your School Library System is participating, you should be hearing from your SLS Director very soon with information about how to register.
VISIT THE WEBSITE
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
- Please sign up to receive updates from the project website via email or RSS. You’ll see those options over there on the right sidebar too. Whenever news is posted to this site, you’ll get an update. And this will be the primary way that you’ll receive updates about the program
Looking forward to an exciting program and learning lots of new stuff along with you all.
Questions? Post a comment and we’ll get back to you!
Coming soon……. Cool Tools 2015 – 2016
Starts in November