Lots of Google Ideas
A truly random selection of some new and interesting Google ideas. If you don’t see something interesting here, check out the other resources below.
- How to Create Quizzes Using The New Google Forms
- 10 ways Google Keep can help streamline life at school
- DocStickers: A Docs + Keep Integration for Old School feedback
- Using Google Keep for Grading Comments in Docs
- How to Create an ebook with Google Slides
- Primarily Google – “Even our littlest learners can create and collaborate using Google Apps for Education! This site is dedicated to sharing ideas and resources for K-2 teachers who use Google Apps in their classroom.”
- Making the Move: Google Hangouts On Air Is Now YouTube Live
- Google Expeditions! Where will they take you?
- Spreadsheet Activities for all Subjects Random Generators, Educational Games, Pixel Art and more.
- 2 BRAND NEW tools to help students display work, reflect – Learn how to use Drive Slides. a handy tool that uses a folder of photos in your Google Drive to create a Google Slides presentation. Each photo is quickly and automatically added to a new slide in your presentation. A great time saver!
- Tour of Google Classroom – Take a tour and catch up on the latest updates from Alice Keeler.
- 11 Things to Start with in Google Classroom
- Google Classroom: Pull Student Paragraphs and Give Feedback
- The All New Google Sites – Google Sites has had quite a makeover. Find out more in this free webinar by Eric Curts.
- NEW Google Sites: 10 things teachers must know – more from Eric Curts
- A new generation of Chromebooks, designed for millions of students and educators
- Google Security Checkup – Good to do this once and awhile.
- Chrome Cleanup Tool – This application will scan and remove software that may cause problems with Chrome, such as crashes, unusual startup pages or toolbars, unexpected ads you can’t get rid of, or otherwise changing your browsing experience.
- Google built a new app so your kids can have a Google account, too
- Google Classroom: Now open to even more learners
- Awesome Table – Awesome Table lets you display the content of a Google Sheet into various types of views.
Sources with lots of Google tips
- Google Teacher Tribe Podcast – Weekly podcast by Kasey Bell and Matt Miller. Great way to keep up google and education.
- Free Webinars on a range of Google Topics = Free recordings of webinars from the Stark/Portage Area Computer Consortium.
- Google’s Buried Treasure
- 10 Google Apps Tricks to Learn for 2017
- Hipster Google – 21 Google Tools You Probably Never Heard Of
- Google Cheat Sheets – free download from Kasey Bell
- 150+ Chrome Apps and Extensions for Teachers and Students (Updated!) – scroll way down the page to find the table with options for filtering the list by grade level, subject and more.
- 100+ GREAT GOOGLE CLASSROOM RESOURCES FOR EDUCATORS
- Do More With Google – Tips for all their apps.
Keep up with Google News
- Shake Up Learning – Kasey Bell’s blog
- Ditch That Textbook – Matt Miller’s blog
- Teacher Tech with Alice Keeler – Another blog with lots of Google content.
- Control Alt Achieve – Eric Curts’ blog Check out his monthly What’s New in Google
- Google Blog: Education – all the education news from Google.
Try something new to you or dig in to a Google tool or topic that you want to know more about.
As usual, write your blog post sharing what you worked on and how it can be used with your students.